The privacy notice explains how we use your personal data in relation to your interest in, or attendance at the Meet Magento Event (the “Event”) organized by Krish.
Who we are
For the purposes of data protection law, the “controller” is Krish, a company headquartered in India with offices in USA, Australia, Middle East and UK and is responsible for organizing Meet Magento New York 2022.If you would like any specific information about this policy, or to exercise your data subject rights, please contact us using the following details:
Data we collect
We collect and process personal data in the following circumstances:
- Newsletter subscriptions: eMail address
- Ticket orders: Name, eMail address, contact number, company, marketing preferences, city, state, country, and any other information provided to us
- Speaker submissions: Name, eMail address, photograph, any other information provided to us
- Sponsor submission: Name, eMail address, company information including company logo, and any other information provided to us
- General inquiries: Name, eMail address, and any other information provided to us
The data is stored and retained in third-party services unless a data subject right is exercised. We utilize this data for event management, marketing, and website optimization under the legal basis of legitimate interests.
Processing of data
Krish will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To reserve the place for you at the event(s) you requested to attend;
- To provide you with information about the event(s) for which you have registered, such as event updates, possible changes, cancellations or similar information;
- In accordance with your preferences, to communicate with you about other events, news, and services we provide;
- To ask you for your feedback or review after the event;
- To pass on your contact details to our logistics partners to enhance your experience at the event;
- To create a delegate list, which will be shared with an exhibitor or sponsor at the event;
- To film and photograph the event, which will be used to market our services and to promote future events on our website, social media channels, and in marketing materials;
Who do we share data with?
We may provide your personal data to the following recipients for the purposes set out in this notice:
- Venue services: Pier 60, New York
- Networking platform: Brella
- Ticketing services: Eventbrite
- Digital services: Google (Analytics, Drive, Mail), MailChimp
- Any parties where we are legally required or permitted to do so
- Any other parties where we have your specific consent to do so
How do we keep data secure?
Krish ensures that there are security measures in place to prevent data loss, to preserve data integrity, and to regulate access to the data. Only authorized employees and third parties processing data on our behalf have access to your personal data.
The security measures we have in place include:
- Training and enforcement of data security practices.
- Restriction of access to personal information.
- Use of secure technologies (e.g. SSL, encryption).
- Anonymisation and aggregation of data.
Data transfer outside India
Although we are based in India, we may transfer your personal information to a location (for example, to a secure server) outside the country’s jurisdiction, if we consider it necessary or desirable for the purposes set out in this notice.
Your rights to information
Data protection laws provide the following rights for individuals:
- Right to be informed about how your personal data is collected and used
- Right of access to your personal data
- Right to rectification of your personal data so that it is true, accurate and complete
- Right to erasure of your personal data
- Right to restrict or object to
– Processing of personal data for direct marketing
– Our continued processing of your personal data
– Decisions being taken by automated means which significantly affect you
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com